Every Christmas Eve we take on the adventure of the Ginger Bread House and
Follow with the story of the Ginger Bread Man
|Cute Stone Ginger Home made with Jelly Beans|
Ok this one will not be attempted this year, but what a beautiful winter wonder land
These are so fun !
Look it's a REAL Ginger Bread Home
Family Creations with Dad
Ginger Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark-brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsulfured molasses
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder; set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in spices and salt. Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Add flour mixture; mix on low speed until thoroughly combined. Divide dough into thirds and wrap in plastic. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes, or using template instructions, if desired. Place dough shapes on ungreased baking sheets; chill until firm, about 15 minutes. Bake 15 minutes, or until gingerbread is firm in the center, but not dark around the edges.