- Homemade Vanilla is a great idea for a Christmas Gift!
- For Teachers, Neighbors, friends, and Family!
- But you have to start EARLY!
- Get going on it this weekend!!
- 2 cup vodka
5 vanilla beans
- Slice vanilla beans in half both ways and scrape down seeds. Combine vodka and vanilla beans in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. The vodka mixture will turn an amber color after a couple days. Let stand 6-8 weeks, but shake the jar every couple weeks just to distribute the vanilla bean flavor. When it is done, put in small jars and give out as Christmas gifts.
- I use vinegar jars found at our Dollar store
- Here is an Alcohol Free Version:
- 2 vanilla beans
- 12 oz glycerin
- 4 oz warm water
- Takes 4-6weeks
- Slit bean down middle and scrape downs seeds. Place both in glycerin and warm water. This will soften the pods. Place in dark place, we use our crawl space. Shake often and takes about 4-6weeks. We started using in about 41/2 weeks
Friday, November 11, 2011
Posted by Busy Days Worthwhile at Friday, November 11, 2011