Measure the area before you go to purchase tile. A sales associate will be able to tell you how much to purchase. You can rent a tile Saw from Kingsland True Value in Grand Rapids.
Or purchase one from Lowes, Home Depot, The Tile Shop...ect.
http://www.tileshop.com/naturalstone/travertine.aspx Check out The Tile Shops Selection of Travertine
Select the tile
- You Need to score the walls where you are going to apply mastic and wash them.
Mastic is a non-slip high performance, smooth spreading mortar formulated for interior installation of all types of ceramic wall & floor tile. Mastic is non-flammable, freeze-thaw stable to 10ºF, and exceeds ANSI-A-136.1 Type 1 specifications.
- Follow instructions ( this is premixed)
- make sure you have your measurements and cut tiles
- apply mastic evenly to the wall
- Place tiles
- let dry approx 24hours
- wash down ( this is a process about 7-10x)
- Use a sealer...Natural Stone is porous and can stain.